Page 7



Previous Page                                                                        

Next Page


it to me and the network’s administrators. The defense mechanism was quite similar to any adopted by an antivirus program or a firewall. The only difference was that it was much more powerful and much more effective compared to them. I planted them in various networks and no one could detect their presence or realize what they were doing. There was another function served by them but I never utilized them for that. Though their primary function was defense, I had created them in such a way that they could be used for offense as well. Had I ever intended to take over a network, I simply had to introduce a switch mechanism and the “BUOYS” would have triggered a take-over from inside while I would have attacked from the outside, and would have neutralized all the defense mechanisms and, all of it would have happened without tripping any alarms. Thus, I could have gained control and administration of a network in a “Ghost Mode”.

Anyways, forgetting about the computer mumbo jumbo, let me take you forward to what happened. I kept refining my technique and kept beating one hacker after another and gave a lot of information to the concerned authorities anonymously resulting in a number of arrests in a number of countries. I continued doing that for more than two years and during that period, my pseudo name ‘ROBIN’ became extremely famous in the digital world. A lot of articles were written about me and my achievements on the net. I was a sort of cyber celebrity. However, no one ever came to know about Robin’s (mine) real identity up until a stupid mistake on my part. After successfully thwarting an attack on a major government-operated network, I boasted about it to one of my nerd friends. I could not keep it to me. I



Previous Page                                                                        

Next Page