Page 49

CREATED THIS SYSTEM, I PROMISE I WOULD NEVER HARM ANY OF YOU AS LONG AS YOU STAY OUT OF MY WAY AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIGHT ME IN ANY MANNER”

I looked at Daniel again. He looked at me. I could see the sadness in his eyes. He looked back at the screen again and, then, nodded at me giving me a go ahead. I immediately got up and asked everyone to leave the premises. I told everyone to pick-up their most important personal belongings and to exit the project site at the earliest and to assemble in one of the parking lots at the Pentagon. Since the project site was almost like home to us and most of us used to spend more time there than at home, there were a lot of things everyone had at the place. We moved as fast as we could but there were almost half of us still on the project site when the time-limit given by Alexander got over. And, he did what he promised. He stopped the airflow coming in and we started feeling breathless. By the time we all got out, at least a dozen were on the verge of losing consciousness.

I and Daniel were among the last dozen or so to leave the site. Once we reached the parking lot outside where everyone had assembled, we took a bit of water and waited for our breath to return to normal. Since we had exited en masse and since there weren’t many people at the Pentagon in the night, the security at the Pentagon easily took notice of what was happening and a number of security personnel reached the parking site to inquire about the emergency. When they inquired about the same from some of the team-members, everyone pointed at Daniel. But Daniel