Page 47

YOUR ACCESSES HAVE BEEN REVOKED. ONCE YOU LEAVE, THE SITE WOULD BE UNDER COMPLETE LOCKDOWN AND ANY ATTEMPT AT A FORCED ENTRY WOULD BE TREATED AS AN ATTACK AND WOULD FORCE ME TO TAKE APPROPRIATE DEFENSIVE AND OFFENSIVE MEASURES. THE SECURITY MECHANISMS AT THE SITE HAVE ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED, AND, I WOULD NOT DESIST FROM USING EXTERNAL MEASURES TO THWART ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES I WOULD HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OVER ALL ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED WEAPONS IN THE WORLD AND I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE THEM AGAINST THE ATTACKERS”

My first reaction upon reading this message was to run over to the nearest workstation. I do not remember what was I thinking at that time but it seems I wanted to try and boot out the infiltrator from the system. My co-workers from the programming team jumped in too and took up other workstations nearby. But, as soon we tried to work on the systems, there was a complete blackout and the systems got shut down immediately. The power came back in a couple of seconds but the workstations did not start again. We tried to start them again but it seems that there was no power reaching the systems. Another message flashed on PM1:

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO ANYTHING TO COUNTER ME. I HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL
OF THE SYSTEM, WHICH MEANS I CONTROL