Page 11


Previous Page                                                                         

Next Page



in our records, we realized that you were the prize we were after,” he added further.


“But what do you want from me Mr. Steyn? As far as I know, you wouldn’t go through the trouble of a three month wait and coming over to see me just to put your stamp on me instead of the FBI. I am quite sure it is not a hiring competition that you are looking to win,” said I.


A smile came and lingered on his face for a couple of seconds, and, then, he said, “I was kind of expecting this. A smart person like you would come up with smart questions and logical deductions. That is what is expected of you. And yes, I did not come here just to make you a part of the CIA to go one-up on some inter-agency rivalry. It is much bigger than that.”


At that point, the car suddenly stopped. I looked out the window to see where we had reached, and found out that we were just outside the building where I had been staying on rent for the previous three years. My first and immediate reaction was to look back at Mr. Steyn with a questioning look.


To my unasked question, he replied, “Go and get your stuff. We are going on a small trip. Just bring a couple
of pairs of clothes and other necessary items for now. We don’t need to travel heavy. Jonathan here would help you (pointing at the guy in the front passenger seat).”


“Where are we going?” I could not help but asking.


“The Pentagon”



Previous Page                                                                       

Next Page