Page 10


Previous Page                                                                        

Next Page



to be the local FBI office. However, my assumption was incorrect. 


The gentleman, who was sitting in the back with me, introduced himself as Daniel Steyn. At first, he made some small talk about how my exams went and how was life for the previous three months. He also asked me about my work against Cyber attacks and attackers. Here, I must tell you that I have an extremely expressive face, and, I can never hide my real emotions from other people. I say this because I am pretty sure that Mr. Steyn was able to read the questions in my mind on my face as he suddenly stopped talking for a few seconds.


“You must be wondering who I am and where am I taking you to,” said Mr. Steyn, breaking the awkward silence, and continued, “I . . . . am not from the FBI. Let me introduce myself properly. I am Daniel Steyn, Assistant Director, Cyber Support, CIA. We heard about your little encounter with the Feds. At that time, we were already looking for the person who had secretly and anonymously helped us on more than a dozen occasions and had also helped us and the Feds nab more than a dozen cyber-attackers. We were looking for the Ghost, the Phantom, the mystery man, as my team called you.”


At that point, I couldn’t help but utter in shock, “CIA! You are from the CIA”


“Yes. I am from the CIA and I had been waiting for the last three months to meet you,” replied Mr. Steyn. “We came to know about you from our sources in the FBI and when we matched in information given by you with that



Previous Page                                                                     

Next Page